Environmental community groups
To add your group to the list of West Oxfordshire community groups working to improve the local environment:
Add a community group
West Oxfordshire environmental community groups
- Community Action Groups (CAGs) - see full list below
- Cotswolds Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty - volunteers welcomed.
- Freecycle - a great way to source and reuse goods locally for free.
- BBOWT volunteers - get involved with practical conservation and survey work for areas such as Chimney Meadows, Chinnor Hill, Cothill Nature Reserve and more.
- RSPB - Farmoor Nature Reserve, contact The Farmoor Ranger Team for more information.
- Oxfordshire Woodland Group - promotes the sympathetic management of Oxfordshire's small woods. Members, including community groups, have access to free professional woodland management advice, news and information and training opportunities.
- Witney Woodland Volunteers - action group that cares for Witney's environment. Volunteers welcome.
- Woodstock and Chipping Norton Green Gym - why not combine exercise with getting closer to nature? These green gyms are independent community groups that get involved in local conservation projects.
- Wychwood Project - become a Friend of Wychwood to support restoration and conservation of the Royal Hunting Forest of Wychwood.
Community Action Groups (CAGs)
The following Community Action Groups (CAGs) organise events and initiatives to reduce, reuse or recycle waste, promote energy efficiency and decrease the carbon footprint of their community:
- Charlbury Green Hub
- Green Transition Eynsham Area (TEA)
- Sustainable Stonesfield
- Sustainable Witney's Facebook page
- Sustainable Leafield's Facebook page
- Sustainable Woodstock
- Transition Chipping Norton
CAGs organise swap shops throughout the year where residents can:
- bring unwanted, but usable household items to swap
- bring electrical items as most of the swap shops can test them for safety so that they can be swapped for reuse.
Most CAGs also promote carbon reduction and raise awareness of climate change.
If you are interested in setting up a CAG:
- call 01865 815871
- visit CAG Oxfordshire.
Streetbank is a site for lending or giving away items and sharing skills with people in your neighbourhood.
To join, all you need to do is offer one item or skill to share with anyone who lives within a mile of your home. To sign up and start sharing, please
- visit the Streetbank website