Christmas tree recycling
From 9 January, garden waste customers can recycle their real Christmas trees, holly, ivy and mistletoe. Please cut up and place inside your licensed garden bin, remembering to remove decorations, pots, wire etc.
If your garden waste bin is full, please leave your cut up tree next to your full bin for collection.Trees larger than 90cm / 3ft should be cut up into manageable pieces before putting out.
Residents who are not signed up to our garden waste service can take their trees to one of our tree chipping events on the 13 and 14 January:
Saturday 13 January 2018
- Witney: Witan Way Car Park, 9 - 11am
- Carterton: Black Bourton Road car park, 1.30 - 3.30pm
Sunday 14 January 2018
- Chipping Norton: New Street car park, 9 - 11am
Don't forget your collection day changes after a Bank Holiday
Normal collections start again on Monday 15 January 2018.
|Normal collection date||Revised date|
|Monday 25 December||Wednesday 27 December|
|Tuesday 26 December||Thursday 28 December|
|Wednesday 27 December||Friday 29 December|
|Thursday 28 December||Saturday 30 December|
|Friday 29 December||Tuesday 2 January|
|Monday 1 January||Wednesday 3 January|
|Tuesday 2 January||Thursday 4 January|
|Wednesday 3 January||Friday 5 January|
|Thursday 4 January||Saturday 6 January|
|Friday 5 January||Monday 8 January|
|Monday 8 January||Tuesday 9 January|
|Tuesday 9 January||Wednesday 10 January|
|Wednesday 10 January||Thursday 11 January|
|Thursday 11 January||Friday 12 January|
|Friday 12 January||Saturday 13 January|
Please ensure your bins are out before 6am on your collection day. If you are unsure when your next collection day is, simply enter your postcode/address into the 'postcode search' box.
Extra recycling and food waste during the festive period
- Extra recycling can be put out in your black boxes, open cardboard boxes or clear bags. Glass must be separated and put in a recycling box. Don’t forget you can also recycle small electrical items in your black boxes and textiles in a carrier bag. (Larger recycling bins will be available in February).
- Recycling can also be taken to local recycling banks or to your nearest waste and recycling centre.
- You can put both your kitchen caddy and your outside food waste bin out for collection over Christmas.
Report a missed collection
Register for FREE bin day reminders
View A-Z of waste & recycling
Most of your festive waste can be recycled including Christmas cards, wrapping paper, biscuit/sweet tins, wine bottles and even the Turkey carcass!
In the event of snow or thick ice there may be some disruption to services. The latest news will be published on this website.
Household waste and recycling centres (tips)
These are closed on Christmas Day, Boxing Day and New Year’s Day, and close early at 3pm on Christmas Eve and New Year’s Eve. All other days they are open as normal from 8am until 5pm. For more information please: