Apply for basic broadband
West Oxfordshire Broadband News
The Council is preparing to deliver the next phase of superfast broadband in West Oxfordshire.
We are currently tendering for superfast broadband
The Invitation to Tender (ITT) was published on OJEU and on the Council's Shared Procurement Portal. The closing date for Expressions of Interest was 20 June 2017 and the deadline for the submission of tenders is 15 August 2017. We anticipate being able to sign contracts at the end of October.
The ITT follows on from the Open Market Review (OMR) and State Aid Public Consultation (SAPC) already undertaken earlier this year. These steps determined which properties in the district cannot get a superfast broadband service and that are unlikely to do so through any planned commercial coverage. These properties are collectively known as the 'Intervention Area'. Details of how the 'Intervention Area' was arrived at are set out in the 'SAPC Closure Note'.
- See the SAPC Closure Note
To make it easier for residents to see what is happening, we have mapped the data on My West Oxfordshire. By typing in your postcode and selecting your property, you can see exactly how it is currently classified:
- White - cannot get SFBB (superfast broadband) yet, property is in our project area
- Grey - SFBB already available from one supplier
- Black - SFBB already available from more than one supplier
- Blue - property 'Under Review'
Under review properties
A number of properties have been marked as 'under review'. This is the result of one of the following potential scenarios:
- Suppliers have outlined plans to deliver SFBB commercially (without government funding), but details for completion have not been confirmed
- Areas that may have some premises which cannot get SFBB but, where these individual premises cannot be identified, the areas have also been marked as under review
We will continue to monitor these areas and, if the commercial plans fall away, these premises will be marked as eligible for public support.
When will I be able to get superfast broadband?
Once the procurement and the network design are completed, we will know the rollout schedule. Please sign up to our mailing list below and we will keep you informed.
Temporary solution for those with little or no broadband
If your download speed is currently 2Mbps or less, you could be eligible for a subsidised basic broadband connection. This would be a temporary solution until superfast broadband is available. To apply, visit:
Sign up for more information
Please fill in our mailing enquiry form to let us know if you can get superfast broadband or not and so we can keep you up to date with progress.
- Sign up for West Oxfordshire Broadband News