Community led plan
A community led plan is developed by the local community through consultation with its residents to identify issues and priorities for the local area. The plan will set out a vision for the community and identifies what needs to be done to achieve the vision.
Here are some of the reasons why local communities might want to start a community led plan:
- help to improve the local area for local residents
- influence decision making bodies to work with the community to take positive actions
- identify opportunities for new projects
- help develop evidence for grant funding applications to support local projects
The following support and resources are available for communities that want to create a community led plan:
- Community First Oxfordshire (formerly Oxfordshire Rural Community Council) works across the County to support rural communities wanting to start a Community Led Plan. If you are interested in developing a plan for your community, please contact the Community Development staff at Community First Oxfordshire: email: email@example.com, telephone 01865 883488.
- Community Led Plans South East website includes guidance on how to undertake a community led plan and example plans produced by other local communities.