Grass cutting and grounds maintenance
The grass cutting season in West Oxfordshire usually starts in April and ends in October. Highway verges are cut regularly on a rota basis of around two to three weeks; the exact timing will depend on weather conditions and the rate of growth.
Grass cutting responsibilities
This work is done by a number of service providers, within West Oxfordshire, and below is a list of the key organisations responsible for grass cutting and maintenance:
- Oxfordshire County Council Highways cut verges, high speed roads and roads outside the 30mph zones. Please contact Oxfordshire County Council.
- West Oxfordshire District Council is responsible for various verges within 30mph zones within selected areas of the district.
- The District Council is also responsible for Council-owned property and this includes some housing estates and communal areas including Madley Park, Shilton Park, Deer Park and Kilkenny Lane Country Park.
- Town and parish councils are responsible for all localised areas, including sports facilities, village greens and some highway verges. Please: view your town or parish council contact details.
- Cottsway and other housing associations are responsible for their own housing land.
Contact us about grass cutting
If you have any queries or would like more information about grass cutting in West Oxfordshire, please:
- fill in an online form or
- call 01993 861000.