Gypsy & Traveller services
Oxfordshire County Council deals with:
- unauthorised encampments
- six county council-owned permanent sites
- consultation and helps negotiations between the Traveller community and the settled community
- acts as agent for the five district councils and can act on behalf of private landlords.
Gypsy and Traveller sites in West Oxfordshire
There is one permanent county council-owned site in Standlake, which has 16 pitches and a number of private sites that have been developed by individuals on private land with planning permission.
To apply for a pitch on a council-owned or privately run site:
- Visit the Oxfordshire County Council's Gypsy and Traveller Services
- Call 01865 815545.
Planning permission for Gypsy and Traveller sites
Planning permission may be required if you are planning to buy or lease land for use as a caravan site. Before purchasing land, you should discuss your ideas with our planning team:
- Planning services
- Call 01993 861420.
- Visit: Oxfordshire County Council Gypsy and Traveller services(opens in a new window)
- Email: The Gypsy and Traveller service
- Call: 01865 815545.