Commenting on a planning application
Anyone can comment on a planning application. The easiest and quickest way is to:
- use our online Public Access system to find and comment on the planning application
You will receive instant confirmation of your comment and it will be published online with any others we have received. The Case Officer will be informed of your comment.
If you would like to write to us, please include the following information in your comment:
- Your name and address
- Application number
- Site address
Please make sure that your comment arrives before the deadline which is on the site notice or newspaper advertisement about the planning application.
Send your comment to:
- Head of Planning and Sustainable Communities, West Oxfordshire District Council, Elmfield, New Yatt Road, Witney OX28 1PB
Once received, it will be scanned and published online. Your signature and telephone numbers will be removed before publishing.
List of planning considerations for applications
We can only take into account material planning considerations when deciding applications.
|We can take into account:||We cannot take into account:|
If many people share your view, you may wish to organise a petition. A petition should state the names, addresses and the objections or supporting comments of those signing it.
Using your comments
Please be aware that:
- Your comments are public and members of the public will be able to inspect and copy your comments by visiting our offices or viewing them on our website.
- The application is decided by planning officers or the planning committee. They judge it against published planning policies and take into account all comments received.
Public speaking at planning committee meetings
We encourage public speaking at planning committee meetings. However, you must have:
- commented in writing on the application during the consultation period and
- registered to speak by midday on the Friday before the meeting.
For further details see: