Woodstock Town Council Election on Thursday 21 February 2019
An election has been scheduled to fill a vacancy on the Woodstock Town Council. If it is contested, polling will take place on Thursday 21 February 2019 (7 am to 10 pm).
The following are the key dates:
- The "Notice of Election" was published on Thursday 17 January and is available as a download from this page
- The period for candidates to be nominated is from Thursday 17 January with a deadline of
4 pm on Friday 25 January
- The last date for people who are not registered to vote to apply to be registered will be Tuesday
- The last date and time for receiving applications to vote by post, or to change or cancel an existing postal or proxy voting arrangement will be 5 pm on Wednesday 6 February
- The last date and time for receiving applications to appoint a proxy to vote will be
5 pm on Wednesday 13 February
Please note that poll cards will not be issued for this election. If it is contested, registered voters may vote at their usual polling station and should give their name and address to the staff there. If you are unsure about your polling station, or whether you are registered to vote, please contact us.
More information will be published on this page in due course.
Elections on Thursday 2 May 2019
The next major elections are scheduled for Thursday 2 May 2019 and are for 16 seats on West Oxfordshire District Council; and 151 seats on 18 Town and Parish Councils.
The District Council elections will be for one seat for each of the following Wards:
Alvescot and Filkins; Bampton and Clanfield; Carterton North East; Carterton North West; Carterton South; Charlbury and Finstock; Chipping Norton; Eynsham and Cassington; Hailey, Minster Lovell and Leafield; Kingham, Rollright and Enstone; Stonesfield and Tackley; Witney Central; Witney East; Witney North; Witney South; and Witney West.
And the Town/Parish Council elections will be for the following Councils, with the number of seats shown in brackets:
Alvescot (5); Black Bourton (5); Carterton (16): (Gateway Ward = 2; Upavon Ward = 5; Milestone Ward = 3; Rock Farm Ward = 3; Shillbrook Ward = 3); Chipping Norton (16); Clanfield (7); Combe (6); Crawley (5); Enstone (10); Eynsham (15); Filkins and Broughton Poggs (6); Finstock (6); Hailey (7); Langford (5); Leafield (7); Ramsden (5); Stonesfield (8); Swerford (5); and Witney (17) (Burwell Ward = 1; Central Ward = 3; East Ward= 4; North Ward = 3; South Ward = 3; West Ward = 3)
More information will be published on this page early in 2019.
Results of previous elections
For the results of previous elections within the District, please:
- view our election results page.
Registering to vote and voting by post or proxy
For information about registering to vote and postal and proxy voting, please:
District, town and parish councils
West Oxfordshire District Council is made up of 49 elected Councillors, with one third elected three years in four.
- For more information about future district elections please see: Electoral cycle (pdf)
- For more details of election years for your town or parish please see: Parish and Town Council Election Years (pdf)
The next election of a member of parliament for the Witney constituency is currently scheduled to take place on Thursday 5 May 2022.
Police and Crime Commissioner: May 2020
The next election of a Police and Crime Commissioner is scheduled for Thursday 7 May 2020.
For information about the Police and Crime Commissioner, please see the official website for the Thames Valley Police and Crime Commissioner.
European parliamentary elections
European Parliamentary elections took place every five years between 1979 and 2014, inclusive. West Oxfordshire is currently part of the South East Region, which has 10 MEPs.
The UK will cease to be a member of the European Union on 29 March 2019 and there will not therefore be a further European Parliamentary election.