Household waste & recycling centres (tips)

You can take household rubbish to a waste and recycling centre or tip provided by Oxfordshire County Council. 

For more about waste and recycling centres:

Disposal is free; but there is a charge for DIY items and items such as tyres.

Location and opening hours of tip in West Oxfordshire

Items accepted

Different centres accept different materials, but typically include household batteries, car batteries, electrical and electronic equipment, plastics, soil, rubble, green waste, cardboard, paper, light bulbs, sheet glass, fluorescent tubes, glass, metals, foil, cans, engine oil, timber and textiles.

Some items are chargeable, please visit Oxfordshire County Council's webpage for more details.

Van and trailer permits for council tips

Vehicles over 3.5 tonnes (when laden) are not permitted into the waste and recycling centres. 

Householders can apply for a permit to use commercial-type vehicles (such as a van or trailer with a load bed of 1.8m to 3m in length) provided they are under 3.5 tonnes and not carrying any commercial waste.

For more information and to apply for a permit: 

West Oxfordshire District Council
New Yatt Road
OX28 1PB