Shilton Neighbourhood Plan
The Shilton Neighbourhood Plan was formally made part of West Oxfordshire District Council's development plan on 2 September 2019, after the positive outcome of the referendum, where over 75% of those who voted were in favour of the plan.
Following the formal decision statement required by the Neighbourhood Planning Regulations, West Oxfordshire District Council will now use the Shilton Neighbourhood Plan to help decide planning applications within the Shilton Neighbourhood Area.
The referendum of the Shilton Neighbourhood Plan was on 29 August 2019. The result of the referendum can be viewed here:
Referendum and Neighbourhood Plan Documents
The Specified Documents relating to the Shilton Neighbourhood Plan Referendum can be viewed below:
- Regulation 18 executive decision statement
- Shilton Neighbourhood Plan referendum: information statement
- Shilton Neighbourhood Plan: referendum version
- Shilton Neighbourhood Plan rxaminers report
- Responses to the Regulation 16 Consultation on Shilton Neighbourhood Plan (listed below)
Submission Draft Shilton Neighbourhood Plan
Shilton Neighbourhood Plan Submission Draft
- NP-Consultation-Statement-Appendix-1.pdf (PDF-381K) Download Now
- NP-Consultation-Statement-Appendix-2.pdf (PDF-2023K) Download Now
- NP-Consultation-Statement-Appendix-3.pdf (PDF-201K) Download Now
- NP-Consultation-Statement-Appendix-4.pdf (PDF-2350K) Download Now
- NP-Consultation-Statement-Appendix-5.pdf (PDF-1930K) Download Now
- NP-Consultation-Statement-Final-version.pdf (PDF-854K) Download Now
Shilton Neighbourhood Plan Consultation Responses
- Barton-Willmore-on-behalf-of-David-Wilson-Homes-Bloombridge-LLP.pdf (PDF-428K) Download Now
- Cllr-Peter-Handley.pdf (PDF-223K) Download Now
- Environment-Agency.pdf (PDF-39K) Download Now
- Heritage-England.pdf (PDF-253K) Download Now
- Oxfordshire-County-Council.pdf (PDF-152K) Download Now
- West-Oxfordshire-District-Council.pdf (PDF-122K) Download Now
Shilton Community Right to Build Order
In April 2018 Shilton Parish Council submitted a Draft Community Right to Build Order, to align with the Draft Neighbourhood Plan submitted at the same time. The Draft Order can be viewed below, together with the responses received to the consultation on this document which was held in May and June 2018.
The Report of the Independent Examiner concluded that 'The Report finds that the Order does not meet the statutory requirements and consequently should be refused and not proceed to referendum.'
Shilton Community Right to Build Order Submission Draft
Community Right to Build Order Consultation Responses