Anti-social behaviour

Anti-social behaviour is often a perception-based issue that can occur over time rather than in a single incident. Anti-social behaviour covers many things including:

  • graffiti and vandalism
  • fly-tipping
  • littering and dog fouling
  • threatening and intimidating behaviour
  • excessive noise,

We define anti-social behaviour as behaviour by an individual or group that:

  • results or is likely to result in another party feeling personally threatened
  • creates a public nuisance
  • has a detrimental impact upon the environment
  • has a detrimental effect upon the quality of life of an individual or the community as a whole

Report anti-social behaviour

Dealing with anti-social behaviour

We aim to reduce incidents by:

  • sending out warning letters and setting up Acceptable Behaviour Contracts (ABCs)
  • anti-social behaviour team providing a Town Centre Disorder Scheme to give direct intervention to anyone involved in alcohol related incidents.

The anti-social behaviour team work very closely with Thames Valley Police neighbourhood teams, but if you believe the anti-social behaviour you are experiencing to be of a criminal nature such as criminal damage or harassment please contact:

  • Thames Valley Police non emergency number: 101

Request a review of an existing case

The Community Trigger process is a new way for victims of persistent anti-social behaviour to request a review of their case.

When should I use Community Trigger?

The Community Trigger is for you if you feel that no one is dealing with the anti-social behaviour problems you are experiencing. If you have already reported the problem to West Oxfordshire District Council, Thames Valley Police or the housing provider, the Community Trigger is a way for you to ask us to review your case. It will make sure we work together to try and solve the problem. Your case can be reviewed if you have reported three separate incidents of anti-social behaviour in the last six months.

The Community Trigger is not for making a complaint or reporting new anti-social behaviour cases. If you want to make a complaint about the way in which an organisation has dealt with your case, you should ask them about their complaints procedure.

How do I request a Community Trigger?

You can apply for a Community Trigger response via telephone, email or by post.

West Oxfordshire Community Safety Partnership
West Oxfordshire District Council
Elmfield Offices
New Yatt Road
Witney, Oxfordshire
OX28 1PB

Tel: 01993 861000


West Oxfordshire District Council
New Yatt Road
OX28 1PB