Hate crime can be related to disability, race or nationality, gender, religion or sexual orientation.
Abuse can be verbal, physical or emotional and include attack to property, written notes, emails and text messages.
Reporting hate crime
- Thames Valley Police
- Victims First helpline
Call: 0300 1234 148
- Victims First website
- West Oxfordshire District Council
Call: 01993 861000
With the victim’s consent, details of any incident can be passed to the police. Victims of hate crime can also receive support through Victims First.
Why you should report hate crime
The information you provide may help the police stop offenders. Left unreported, the offenders are free to commit similar crimes to other people.
For more information
- Equality and Human Rights Commission
- HALT (Homophobia Awareness Liaison Team): 01865 243389
- Oxfordshire Race Equality Council: 01865 815239
- Northern Oxfordshire Victim Support: 01295 277990
- Citizens Advice Bureau: 08444 111 444