'Nightsafe' is a campaign to tackle alcohol-related violent crime and disorder.
All licensed premises in West Oxfordshire are signed up to Nightsafe to improve safety in their premises and town centres. Measures include the following:
- Membership of the local Pubwatch scheme
- Managing drinks promotions responsibly
- Displaying posters about responsible drinking
- Ensuring that staff are trained on managing alcohol misuse
- Front door staff wearing high-visibility vests
- Taxi drivers are also joining the campaign by displaying magnetic stickers on their vehicles.
If you would like more information about joining the scheme please:
- Email the Licensing team
Many initiatives have been introduced under Nightsafe including:
- Licensed premises displaying posters about responsible drinking and anti-drugs messages
- Purchasing radios for each licensed premise in Witney and Carterton town centre. The radios provide a direct link with the CCTV Control Room and each other to increase awareness of incidents and to deal with them as quickly as possible
- Giving out 13,000 Spikeys to licensed premises to prevent bottled drinks from being spiked.
- Two DVD school education packs that raise awareness of the night-time economy, underage drinking and the consequences of alcohol-related disorder
- The introduction of Street Pastors who make sure drunk revellers stay safe and get home safely. The West Oxfordshire Community Safety Partnership contributes funding towards their training.