Energy efficiency & affordable warmth

Grants and loans

Better Housing Better Health (BHBH) are working to reduce the number of people in fuel poverty by providing free, impartial advice including:

  • Reducing energy bills
  • Increasing energy efficiency of properties
  • Switching energy suppliers
  • Access to local and national grants and offers for energy efficiency home improvements
  • Fuel debt
  • How to stay warm over winter

Low incomes – energy company obligation grants 

BHBH can also help residents who are on a low income access energy company grants towards insulation and heating improvements if they: 

  • Have a long term health condition; or
  • Are aged over 60; or
  • Live in an EPC (Energy Performance Certificate) F or G banded property; or
  • Are eligible for other schemes operated by Better Housing Better Health (BHBH) 

Please note, being eligible for the scheme does not guarantee that heating or insulation measures will be installed, or that measures can be installed free of charge. For further information see our current: Statement of intent. (This supersedes WODC statement of intent V01)

To contact BHBH:

Flexible Home Improvement Loans

We offer Flexible Home Improvement Loans for home repairs and improvements, as well as energy efficiency measures.

For more information and to see if you can apply, please:

Insulate your home

Home insulation advice can also be found on the following websites:

Energy advice from the Energy Saving Trust

The Energy Saving Trust offer:

  • a range of energy saving tips
  • information on grants and on buying energy saving products
  • home energy checks which could save you hundreds of pounds a year through energy efficiency.

For more information

  • Visit their website to take the online home energy check or
  • Call 0300 123 1234, Monday to Friday, 8am to 8pm, Saturday 9am to 5pm

Find the best deal on your gas and electricity  

Ofgem’s ‘Be An Energy Shopper’ campaign was launched in response to consumer demand for impartial advice. For more information please:

West Oxfordshire District Council
New Yatt Road
OX28 1PB