You can view planning applications that we have decided in two ways:
1. View the latest decisions of the two area Planning committees:
- Uplands planning committee which covers applications in the north of the district
- Lowlands planning committee which covers applications in the south of the district
2. Search for planning application decisions on:
Please note: before starting any form of development you should wait until you have received the decision notice as there may be conditions or legal agreements.
Decisions on planning applications
90% of applications are decided by our planning team under delegated powers.
Planning committee meetings
The other 10% of applications are decided by a Planning Committee which is made up of elected Councillors and held monthly.
West Oxfordshire is divided into two planning committee areas:
- Uplands which covers the north of the district
- Lowlands which cover the south of the district
You are welcome to attend any planning committee and view the agenda papers which are available five working days before the meeting.
Applications which are decided by the Planning committee
The Council's Scheme of Delegation sets out which applications and other planning functions can be decided by officers and which need to be decided by councillors. The scheme is determined by Councillors, operates with a series of safeguards to ensure that decisions are taken at the appropriate level and evolves regularly as a result of new legislation being introduced by Central Government. As such please contact the Planning Service if you need to see an up to date version of the Scheme of Delegation.
Planning committee report
A written report is prepared on each application before the committee which:
- summarises any responses received
- makes a recommendation to either grant or refuse the application.