Welcome to West Oxfordshire
Located right in the heart of England, West Oxfordshire district is an attractive mainly rural area with a third of the District in the Cotswolds Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty.
West Oxfordshire District is:
- in the western part of Oxfordshire and west of the city of Oxford
- next to the counties of Gloucestershire and Warwickshire
- bounded by the River Thames to the south
- an attractive largely rural area, a third of the District is in the Cotswolds Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty
- one of the least densely populated parts of the south east.
Tourism is important to the local economy, generating over £274m a year. Some of the attractions include:
- Blenheim Palace
- Cotswold Wildlife Park
- the River Thames and
- charming market towns like Burford, Chipping Norton, Witney and Woodstock.
To plan your visit, please go to the:
- Major roads link the District to larger centres nearby, including Oxford, Swindon, Cheltenham and Banbury.
- The Cotswold and Cherwell Valley railway lines pass through the District.
- Please see the Travelling to the area page for more details.