Working for us
Thank you for your interest in career opportunities with West Oxfordshire District Council.
Our recruitment team is based at Cotswold District Council and deals with all aspects of recruitment on our behalf. Unless otherwise stated on the advert, you can get in touch by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01285 623319.
Learning and development
We want our people to enjoy their work and feel they have all the skills they need to do their job to the best of their ability. We recognise that learning and development opportunities are important; not only to enable us to recruit good people but also to grow, develop and retain our staff.
No matter which area of service you join, you will receive an induction that will help you settle into West Oxfordshire District Council and your team. In addition, you will have access to a range of courses through our training platform.
Supporting our armed forces community
We recognise the value serving personnel, reservists, veterans and military families bring to our business. We have signed a Corporate Covenant to acknowledge our support for the armed forces community. When working for us it includes the following pledges:
- seeking to support the employment of veterans young and old
- striving to support the employment of Service spouses and partners
- endeavouring to offer a degree of flexibility in granting leave for Service spouses and partners before, during and after a partner’s deployment
- seeking to support our employees who choose to be members of the Reserve forces, including by accommodating their training and deployment where possible
Our one week work experience placements are open to Year 10 to 13 students (ages 14 to 19) in:
- Environmental services
- Democratic services
- Customer services
We will always try to accommodate specific requests, dependent on the number of applicants and the availability of the department.
To find out more email your contact details to email@example.com and tell us:
- your preferred work placement location (Cirencester, Cheltenham, Coleford or Witney)
- the department or area of work that you are interested in gaining experience
- the dates you are hoping to do work experience