Leisure centres and playing areas
We provide a range of leisure facilities in West Oxfordshire. These are managed on our behalf by Better, except for Kilkenny Lane Country Park, Deer Park and Madley Park playing fields.
Leisure centres, indoor pools and fitness suites
- Bartholomew Sports Centre
- Carterton Leisure Centre
- Chipping Norton Leisure Centre
- Windrush Leisure Centre (Witney)
Outdoor heated swimming pool
Park and adventure play area
Open all day every day and free to enter, Kilkenny Lane Country Park is situated between Brize Norton and Carterton. It is an ideal location for playing, walking, jogging, horse-riding or simply relaxing with a picnic. There are 2.5km of footpaths (suitable for wheelchair and pushchair access) and bridleways, as well as an adventure play area and Shire Horse sculptures.
Playing fields and pitches
- Carterton Artificial Turf Pitch
- Carterton Pavilion
- Madley Park Playing Fields (Witney). To book a football pitch call 01993 702355
- Witney Artificial Turf Pitch
There are a number of open spaces in West Oxfordshire that we either help to fund or maintain. These include:
There are more than 80 play areas in West Oxfordshire, several of which have skate parks. Most are owned and managed by the local parish or town council:
For information and advice such as play area funding, equipment and inspections:
- Community and leisure grants
- Oxfordshire Playing Fields Association
- Register of Play Inspectors International
You can search for other leisure facilities on the Be Inspired website.