Grass cutting and maintenance
The grass cutting season in West Oxfordshire usually starts in April and ends in October. Highway verges are cut regularly on a rota basis of around two to three weeks, the exact timing depends on weather conditions and growth rates.
Grass cutting responsibilities
This work is done by a number of service providers within West Oxfordshire,they are:
- Oxfordshire County Council Highways cut verges, high speed roads and roads outside the 30mph zones. Please contact Oxfordshire County Council.
- we are responsible for various verges within 30mph zones within selected areas of the district.
- we are also responsible for Council-owned property and this includes some housing estates and communal areas including Madley Park, Shilton Park, Deer Park and Kilkenny Lane Country Park.
- Town and parish councils are responsible for all localised areas, including sports facilities, village greens and some highway verges.
- Cottsway and other housing associations are responsible for their own housing land.
Contact us about grass cutting
If you have any queries or would like more information about grass cutting in West Oxfordshire, please:
- fill in an online form
- call 01993 861000