Skip to main content

Gypsy and traveller services

Oxfordshire County Council deals with:

  • unauthorised encampments
  • six county council-owned permanent sites
  • consultation and helps negotiations between the Traveller community and the settled community
  • acts as agent for the five district councils and can act on behalf of private landlords.

You can visit the Oxfordshire Council Gypsy and Traveller services website or contact them by:

Gypsy and traveller sites in West Oxfordshire

There is one permanent county council owned site in Standlake with 16 pitches. There are a number of private sites that have been developed on private land with planning permission. To apply for a pitch on a council-owned or privately run site contact Oxfordshire Council.

Planning permission for Gypsy and traveller sites

Planning permission may be required if you are planning to buy or lease land for use as a caravan site. Before purchasing land, you should discuss your ideas with our planning team or call 01993 861420. 

Related Pages