Our viability evidence has been updated by independent consultants to help decide the appropriate CIL rates for West Oxfordshire. CIL rates must be set out in a document called a ‘charging schedule’ which sets out what types of development are liable for CIL and the relevant rates that apply. Rates are expressed as pounds (£) per square metre. Our proposed charging schedule was agreed by Members in February 2020 and is now subject to public consultation. This was initially planned for late March but has been delayed due to Covid-19.
We have made the following available as part of this consultation.
Representations may be made in writing or by email and must be received no later than 5pm on 21 August 2020.
Email representations to email@example.com or post them to:
Planning Policy Team
West Oxfordshire District Council
New Yatt Road
Witney, OX28 1PB
All persons making representations may request the right to be heard by the examiner to be notified at a specified address of the following matters:
- that the Draft Charging Schedule has been submitted for examination
- the publication of the recommendations of the examiner and the reasons for those recommendations
- the approval of the charging schedule by the charging authority (West Oxfordshire District Council)
What happens next
Following the consultation, the Charging Schedule will be submitted for examination in September 2020 so it can be examined over the autumn and put in place by the end of 2020 or early 2021.
Hard copies of consultation documents
We will have hard copies of documents available to view at the following locations, subject to Covid-19 opening restrictions:
- West Oxfordshire District Council Offices, Elmfield, New Yatt Road, Witney, OX28 1PB. Tel: 01993 861000 open Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm
- Witney Town Centre Shop, 3 Welch Way, Witney, OX28 6JH, Tel: 01993 861000, open Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm
- Witney Town Council, Town Hall, Market Square, Witney, OX28 6AG, Tel: 01993 704379, Open Monday to Friday 9am to 1pm, 2pm to 5pm
- Carterton Town Council, 19 Alvescot Road, Carterton, OX18 3JL, Tel: 01993 842156, Open Monday to Friday 9.30am to 4.30pm
- Chipping Norton Town Council, The Guildhall, Chipping Norton, OX7 5NJ, Tel: 01608 642341, open Monday to Friday 9am to 1pm
- Burford Visitor Information Centre, 33 High Street, Burford, OX18 4QA, Tel: 01993 823558, open Monday to Saturday 9.30am to 5pm, Sunday 10am to 4pm
- Bampton Library, Old Grammar School, Church View, Bampton, OX18 2NE, Tel 01993 850076
- Burford Library, 86A High Street, Burford, OX18 4QF, Tel: 01993 823377
- Carterton Library, 6 Alvescot Road, Carterton, OX18 3JH, Tel: 01993 841492
- Charlbury Library, Charlbury Community Centre, Enstone Road, Charlbury, OX7 3PQ, Tel: 01608 811104
- Chipping Norton Library, Goddards Land, Chipping Norton, OX7 5NP, Tel: 01608 643559
- Eynsham Library, 30 Mill Street, Eynsham, OX29 4JS, Tel: 01865 880525
- North Leigh Library, Memorial Hall, Park Road, North Leigh, OX29 6SA, Tel: 01993 882935
- Stonesfield Library, Village Hall, Longore, Stonesfield, OX29 8EF, Tel: 01993 898187
- Witney Library, Welch Way, Witney, OX28 6JH, Tel: 01993 703659
- Woodstock Library, The Oxfordshire Museum, Fletcher's House, Park Street, Woodstock, OX20 1SN, Tel: 01993 814124
- Wychwood Library, 29 High Street, Milton-under-Wychwood, OX7 6LD, Tel: 01993 830281
If we cannot provide hard copies at these locations then they will be available on request.