Local Plan 2041 - preparation of a new plan
To make sure that our planning policies and proposals are up to date and effectively tackle vital issues such as climate change, health and wellbeing, housing and the economy, we are preparing a new Local Plan covering the period up to 2041.
The following key dates for drawing up the new Local Plan are expected to apply:
- Initial scoping consultation (Regulation 18): August – October 2022 (COMPLETE)
- Focused consultation on draft plan objectives, spatial strategy options and call for sites/ideas (Regulation 18): June/July 2023
- Consultation on preferred policy options/approaches (Regulation 18): November 2023
- Publication of pre-submission draft Local Plan (Regulation 19): June 2024
- Submission for independent examination: November 2024
- Examination and adoption: 2025
The first step was the initial ‘scoping’ consultation which we ran from 24 August – 5 October 2022 to seek early views on what main topics the new Local Plan should cover.
A copy of the consultation document is available to download below.
The consultation was very successful with over 5,000 visitors to our website, 441 respondents and 1,143 contributions being made.
The report below provides a summary overview of the responses received and the main issues raised by respondents.
The next step will be a focused consultation planned for summer 2023.
The consultation will invite views on draft objectives for the new Local Plan as well as different options for how we might accommodate future growth within the District.
It will also include a call for sites and ideas such as new development sites and areas for renewable energy and green space provision.
Further information on the consultation will be made available on this webpage in due course.