You can comment on planning applications and submit your comments online through Public Access.
Comments received will be available for public inspection and displayed on our website normally within 48 hours of receipt.
Alternatively you can send a letter, quoting the application reference number, together with your full name and address, to: Head of Planning and Sustainable Communities, West Oxfordshire District Council, Elmfield, New Yatt Road, Witney OX28 1PB
When making comments you must provide your name and address, if you do not your comments will be considered anonymous and your views cannot be taken into account. We will remove sensitive information such as telephone numbers, email addresses and signatures.
Comments should not contain remarks which might be regarded as offensive, personal or libellous. We do reserve the right to withhold from publication any comments not considered suitable for public view.
What you can comment on and what we cannot consider
You can support or object to a proposal, but you should bear in mind that planning applications can only be decided on the basis of planning issues, such as:
- the effect on neighbours' daylight, sunlight or privacy
- the impact of traffic, road access, highway safety, parking
- the appearance, bulk or height of the scheme
- the impact on amenity, such as noise generated by the proposal
- the potential loss of a valued local service or use, such as a shop
- the effect on wildlife, listed buildings, trees etc
We cannot consider issues such as:
- the effect on property values
- private issues between neighbours such as land covenants, land and boundary disputes
- competition between rival businesses
- party wall disputes and fire escape matters
- problems while construction works are being carried out, such as noise, dust and disturbance by construction vehicles
- loss of a private view
If you decide to organise a petition, please make sure that there is a contact name and address for the person organising the petition - this is the only person we will correspond with. Please note individuals appearing on the petition will not be recorded separately on our records or receive any correspondence.