In your blue lidded bin you can recycle:
- paper, shredded paper, newspapers, magazines and junk mail
- cardboard and cards (excess cardboard can be left by the side of your recycling bin if broken down to A3 size)
- tins and cans
- clean aluminium foil
- plastic pots, tubs and food trays
- plastic bottles and tops
- empty aerosols, but not spray paint
- cartons and Tetra Pak
Make sure items are clean, dry and not bagged.
We cannot collect any of the following in your recycling bin:
- bubble wrap and clingfilm
- crisp packets and sweet wrappers
- plastic bags
- plant pots
- tissue paper
- glittery cards
- hard plastics, for example, toys
- foil lined plastic pouches
- food waste
Extra recycling or cardboard
We will collect any extra recycling (except glass and cardboard) in a clear plastic bag that has been left next to your bin.
If you have extra cardboard this can be left loose next to your bin on your collection day. Make sure it is broken down, flattened and no more than a recycling box could hold. If you have more cardboard than the size of a recycling box then please put it in your blue-lidded bin over a few weeks.