Put all compostable garden waste (not in bags) in your bin, including:
- Grass cuttings
- Leaves, bark and tree prunings
- Twigs and small branches up to 5cm (2in) across
- Tree stumps up to 10cm (4in) across
- Bedding from herbivore pets (rabbits and guinea pigs etc)
- Cut flowers
- Plants and weeds
- Windfalls from the garden - See further detail below
- Vegetable waste from the garden (e.g. potato tops)
- Real Christmas trees (cut into 2-3ft sections and remove decorations)
- Cold wood ash
If I've grown something in the garden e.g. apples, is it food waste or garden waste?
Fruit and veg grown in a garden such as windfall fruit is classed as garden waste and can go in your garden waste wheeled bin (if you have subscribed to the service), however anything you bring inside to the kitchen becomes food waste and should go into your outdoor food waste bin.
Please don’t over fill your garden bin with windfall fruit, this is very heavy and could cause the bin to snap off the bin lift during the emptying cycle. They are also hazardous for crew members to move so overweight bins won’t be collected.