Skip to main content

Request bins and recycling containers

You can request a food waste caddy or recycling box if:

  • you have just moved in
  • your current container has been stolen or damaged
  • you would like to sign up for the garden waste service and need a new bin
Request a box or food caddy

If you require a new or replacement blue-lidded recycling bin or refuse bin please contact our customer services team who will be able to help you. You can fill in our contact form or call on 01993 861000.

Normally only one recycling bin and refuse bin is permitted per property. However, if you are a large household or have health needs where you may require extra capacity you can apply to swap your bin for a larger one.

We are currently prioritising deliveries to residents without bins for example, new developments and new garden waste customers, all other container requests will be done as soon as we have the resource available to deliver.

If your bin or container has been damaged you must leave the damaged one out to be swapped with a replacement. 

Delivery of containers can take up to 30 working days from confirmation of order subject to availability.

Extra rubbish

If you have a temporary need to dispose of extra waste, you can take it to Dix Pit Household waste and recycling centre. Our bulky waste service can also assist with large item collections.

Larger refuse bin / additional capacity

The following households may be eligible for a larger bin if:

  • there are 6 or more permanent residents living at the address
  • they produce a large volume of non infectious healthcare waste such as swabs, incontinence pads or dressings
  • there are 2 children (under the age of 4 years old) who are using nappies, living with 2 or more adults

A larger bin is only for those in genuine need. We expect you to make every effort to recycle your waste before making this request. If granted, checks may be made by us on your ongoing need, and suitability for the service.

You will need to inform us of any future changes in circumstances. We maintain the right to downsize or remove containers if we find the need is no longer required.

Additional capacity request

We reserve the right to request proof of eligibility for this service at any time.